Friday, June 19, 2009

SlideShare and Creative Commons

Today I uploaded all the presentations that I have held at tech conferences over the years to SlideShare. (At least those that were in a reasonable format. I was a user of DocBook Slides in the early days, which produces HTML, which you can't upload to SlideShare.) That was quite a trip through history for me; 6 years of traveling, meeting people, pondering ideas.

I have also gone through and licensed all presentations and this blog under a Creative Commons license. For various reasons I chose different variants of Creative Commons for different bits, but in the future I plan to mostly use the CC-BY variant, which is much like the BSD license in spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peter,

    Its great to see more and more people uploading their presentations to file-sharing services like SlideShare.

    Also take a look at - you can upload your presentations there and we have now introduced "DocCash" where you can make money off the documents you upload through Google AdSense.

    Check it out at

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at

    Thanks again,